Terms and Conditions
By joining a class at Cinnamon Twist you are acknowledging that you have read and understood the studio Terms and Conditions.
- Casual payment is not accepted in Beginners'/Kids/Open level classes. Students in these classes are required to enroll in a prepaid course.
- Students enrolled in the term with outstanding fees will not be permitted to participate in classes until full payment is received.
- Term payments are strictly non-transferable to another term in the school year.
- Only enrolled students are permitted in the dance studio during classes. Whether you observe the class or you dance, you are considered to be participating and therefore are required to pay for the class. Children are not permitted in classes for adults under any circumstances.
- Street shoes are strictly not permitted on the studio dance floor, be prepared to dance barefoot, in socks, or in dedicated dance flats or jazz shoes/sneakers.
- In the event that the usual teacher is unavailable, Cinnamon Twist reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher, or, in rare cases, cancel classes without notice.
- Cinnamon Twist reserves the right to alter term dates according to special events/performances, school terms, public holidays. In the case that your regular class is postponed or cancelled we offer make up classes to replace the changed class. For example, if your class falls on a public holiday and no classes run, we will offer make up classes during the term or special classes/events will be scheduled to fulfill your full term enrolment. These makeup classes or special events may not fall on the specified time of your class booking.
Food & Drink
- Food and drink other than water is not permitted in the studio.
- For most people, belly dancing is a fun and safe form of exercise. However, as with all forms of exercise you should observe a few simple precautions:
- The ‘warm up’ at the start and the ‘cool down’ at the end of class are compulsory. These are important and are designed to prevent injury; to fail to join these parts of the class is to do so at your own risk.
- If you have a pre-existing injury, or if you fall pregnant, you should consult your doctor before beginning/continuing classes. These may not prevent you from participating in classes, but it is recommended that you seek medical advice and inform your teacher of any such condition/s.
- Your participation and attendance in any class at Cinnamon Twist is at your own risk.
- No Smoking: Cinnamon Twist is a strictly smoke free zone. No smoking in or near the studio including the gated courtyard at any time.
- It is highly recommended that students as well as the parents and guardians of enrolled children join the private group on Facebook - this is where the majority of notices/notes/important information is disseminated first. Please request approval by an admin by clicking the join button https://www.facebook.com/groups/CinnamonTwistBellyDance/
- Parents/guardians are permitted to settle very young children (under 5yrs) at the start of classes but are required to leave the studio within 10 minutes of the commencement of the class.
- Parents/guardians are expected to arrive 5 minutes before the end of class to collect children.
- Parents/guardians must be sighted by a Cinnamon Twist teacher prior to taking children. Do not ask your children to meet you outside the studio grounds, Kenny St is a very busy road - we will not release children without an adult to supervise.
- Newsletters, notices, and forms are all handed out to students at the end of their class.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure that children behave in an appropriate manner before and after classes.
Photos and Videography
- Children/Teens: We take the privacy of our students seriously. Photography and videography is not permitted during Cinnamon Twist Children's and Teens classes. For parents and guardians who would like to document their child in class we arrange special open days and end of term showcases where we do permit photos and videos with the permission sought from all parties, we will notify enrolled students of these times. Any person taking unauthorised photos or video during classes will be asked to delete the images/videos and repeat offenders will be asked to leave the studio.
- Waiver forms: From time to time Cinnamon Twist may ask permission to document children's classes for archival records and marketing purposes. Permission forms are available in the studio for parents and guardians to allow us to take photo and video of your child in class.
- Adults: Photography and videography is not permitted during Cinnamon Twist classes without prior consent from both the teacher and the students present.
Refund Policy, in accordance with the policies set out by the NSW Office of Fair Trading
Please choose carefully, we do not give refunds in the following circumstances:
- You change your mind or fail to attend classes
- Your work, family, or social commitments coincide with classes
You may be given a partial refund as a goodwill gesture in the following circumstances:
- If you have paid your term fees prior to the start of term but wish to cancel your enrolment, in this case you must inform Cinnamon Twist in writing (email is accepted) with a minimum of 14 days notice before the start of the first class. In this case you are entitled to a refund of your fees, minus a 20% administration fee.
- After week 5 of the school term no refunds will be given under any circumstances.
- If you fall ill or are unable to continue your class enrolment you may gift your place in the class to someone else provided your replacement takes the spot prior to week 4 of the term.
By joining classes at Cinnamon Twist School of Belly Dance you are acknowledging that you understand that the Terms and Conditions of Cinnamon Twist School of Belly Dance are binding and that you accept responsibility for your own well being during classes held by Virginia Keft and her representatives.
Terms and conditions current at 14/07/17